Thursday, April 4, 2013

Medline; A Company That Cares

I interviewed my father, John Borroni, on what exactly happens at Medline Industries. There are Medline’s all around the world. The one Mr. Borroni manages is in the industrial park in Mansfield. It is right around the corner! The building itself is absolutely huge, but it needs to be with all the trucks coming in and out all the time. Medline makes supplies for hospitals from tissues to wheel cheers.  There are people who work as secretaries in offices, and there is a warehouse where some workers stay all day and move the supplies to where they are supposed to go. They put everything where it is supposed to go for the truck drivers to pick them up and bring them to the different hospital who hold their supplies.
            So what does the boss do all day? My dad told me about his work day, “Well there is no normal work day, I do not have a set routine. Sometimes I walk into work with over a thousand emails I just got over night so I have to stay in my house all day on days like those. But some days it is completely the opposite and I am in the warehouse moving things ten hours some days!” His relationship with his workers is very important. They go to him for personal problems sometimes! In the interview he was asked, “How do you get along with your workers?” His response was, “It depends on the person. Of course I get along with my employees. The better the worker the better we get along.” Many hospitals take his supplies. The ones that are in the area are Norwood, Morton, and Sturdy. The last question he was asked was, “How do you think the hospitals would run if they did not get your supplies? And how does this affect society?” He answered saying, “Well I mean there is other supply companies, but hospitals would definitely be short of supplies. This could greatly affect the patients. They might not get the full care they need and deserve.”
            By interviewing my father I learned a great deal about his company and the kind of stress he is put under to always be the best. His company never closes even on holidays because when do hospitals ever close? They do not. Therefore John Borroni is a very dedicated to his company. He has to if he wants it to keep running.

No comments:

Post a Comment