Thursday, April 25, 2013

Boston Marathon

On April 15, 2013 something happened that changed the world forever.  On this day, at the Boston Marathon, two powerful bombs were exploded at the end of the finish line. The bombs were exploded after almost three quarters of everyone participating in the marathon had already crossed the finish line.  The first bomb exploded in a trash can at 2:50 pm; just thirteen seconds later another went off. This resulted in three dead people and more than a hundred were injured. One of the three dead was an eight year old child. April 15, 2013 is a day that will never be forgotten.
                Personally I just cannot grasp why anyone would ever do this. I understand that people are angry with the world, but why take it to that extent? I just do not get it. It does not make any sense to me. But I can tell one how it made me feel. When my mom called me and told me what happened I was shocked. I did not know what to think or what to do. The minute I heard that I immediately did not feel safe where I was. I was scared that the bomber’s might come to where I am. At the time no one knew where they were or even who it was. I was scared something was going to happen to not only me, but my friends or family. I would not even know what to do if something happened to them. It did not just scare me it made me so angry. I kept asking myself “Why? Why did he do it?” but once I got past the fact that it happened all my fear turned to anger. I think this awful event made everyone come closer. We all had something in common and that was the love for our country.
                I wish I could say that something like this will never happen again, but I cannot. There are people in the world who are going to do awful things, even kill innocent children, but we just have to be strong and stand up to them. We have to be better and smarter than those awful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment